Canadians - do you believe in open government? If so, please go to ibelieveinopen.ca and take the pledge today!
ibelieveinopen is a movement to push politicians to make 5 commitments:
1. Support reforms that increase government transparency and accountability.
2. Make campaign promises specific and measurable, and report progress on promises and their metrics at least semi-annually.
3. Publish the content of his or her daily schedule, including meetings with lobbyists and special interest groups.
4. Support reforms allowing free access to scientific and survey data gathered by government institutions.
5. Support reforms that make it easier for Canadians to obtain government information they have a right to know.
Thanks to Jennifer Bell of civicaccess.ca